Goodbye BMI!

>From the postings I have read, those of us who use BMI's satellite box
seem fairly satisfied with their data and find their speed acceptable.
However it was their rates compared to other services that left us with
a feeling of being hosed.

I want to personally thank the individual who posted to this group
several weeks ago about data being supplied by Market Information of
Colorado. As of Jan 1st I went on-line with Market Info and I am
extremely pleased.

Without going into a lot of detail, it is the same feed used by BMI (yes
it feeds TS), I have the same identical BMI box (even with the BMI logo
on it), same data speed, just a heck of a lot less money. This is not
some scam or pirate operation. They will explain the why's if you ask
them (I did). My realtime data fees went from $307 a month to $150. Also
after being with BMI for 3 years, in November they started to tack on a
$20.00 equipment rental fee.

If you're satisfied with the BMI data but want to save some bucks, you
might want to consider giving Market Info a call and finding out what
they're all about.

Bill

P.S. I have no other interest in Market Info other than being a very
satisfied customer and would like to see BMI get hosed for a change. BTW
the number to Market Info is 800-783-0335.