Internet vs. BMI - Tick Data

A couple of weeks ago there was a thread, hopefully on this forum, from
people wondering about the timeliness of tick data sent over the web vs. a
real time feed.

During the last snow storm, when my BMI satelite dish couldn't get a tick
through the snow filled sky, I downloaded a program from the CME website
http://www.cme.com/   by Townsend which uses "push" technology to send you a
constant stream of information.  During the day, they transmit the S&P on a
delayed feed, but the emini is transmitted real time and it is as fast as
BMI's satelite feed on my computer.  They transmit last price, price and
size for bid and ask and time.  For the Townsend program you have to have
IE4.

This might also be a good alternative for the person who was trying to
combine the premium and SPX to trade off of.  Assuming they would trade the
emini.

As of right now the program is free, it takes a while to download and you
have to follow the directions very carefully, but I had no problems with it.

Good Luck,

Jay Poswolsky