Composite Symbol

Peter 2150 wrote:

My question is why is the high and low that big a deal.  Surely you don't
hope
to daytrade with this, in lieu of the S&P data itself

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
=-=

    I appreciate the advice given but I am not attempting to trade this
composite, I was just doing some investigating for a friend on how the guy
trading the new e-mini could chart and indicate a real-time alternative to
the cme quotes. I did find when I overlaid this composite over my real-time
BMI sp7z feed that the composite front ran the futures quotes by 1 to 3
seconds. The composite indicator would shut tick models bars before the r/t
futures data set thus firing signals earlier. The problem with this
combination is that the opening of the next bar will not plot until both
symbols are broadcast. This would not be a problem if the last value could
be carried over to the opening of the next bar. I've been in the markets
since 1973 and daytraded for the last 11 1/2 years and know that this
combination has too much overhead eventhough my models do not need so much
precise timing for entry/exits.

    My original question was asking if a composite of what ever symbols,
like a basket. How could it be implemented in Tradestation. I guess though
from the responses that I have received that it is beyond the scope of TS
and/or the interest of this group.
Thank You and I Wish You All A Happy New Year.......................jimmy