Tom DeMark

-----Original Message-----
From:   FrankKaeb [SMTP:FrankKaeb@xxxxxxx]
Sent:   Sunday, December 28, 1997 4:31 PM
To:     omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject:        Tom DeMark

What are some of the opinions of experienced members of this board about
Tom DeMark and his books/indicators?  Has anyone used these and made
money?
What did you like/not like about his material?

Frank,
	I have used Demark Indicators since about 1982 and have consistantly
made money with them, although I use other indicators to confirm.
Whenever he comes down to the Board of Trade, I make it a point to go
and listen to him.  My first trade using his indicators was in Live
Cattle.  Little did I know at the time that the market was rigged.
Anyway, I was short 3 contracts and the market closed in my favor that
day.  The next day the market was down the limit and I bought in 2
contracts, next day down the limit again and I bought in my other
contract.  I hadn't been trading futures for very long and didn't know
that I should have let my profits run.  As I was patting myself on the
back, the market went down the limit several more days and stayed in a
bear market for a while.  Still brings a tear to my eye.

	His first book was poorly edited but his second " NEW MARKET TIMING
TECHNIQUES" is pretty good($75).  He has enough indicators so people can
test them all and find out which ones they feel comfortable with.  His
main axiom is " The Trend is your Friend ... Unless the Trend is about
to Change".  Using this has allowed me to fine tune my system.
	He has borrowed from Wychoff(without credit that I can find) but I
don't hold it against him.  For those who can and will afford Merrill
rates, his son started working there last August.

I use his Sequential method often and it is worth the price alone.

	Thad