Index values after editing

I use TS 4 build 18 with BMI real-time cable feed.

This morning I noticed several indices that I regularly chart
had long flat tails corresponding to 12/23 for 1300-1630
approximately.  For example, @CCO, CWX, XCI, MSH.  Some other
indices did not have such tails, e.g. INDU, NYA, TIKI, TICK.

So I thought I would delete the "extraneous" ticks in @CCO,
CWX, XCI, MSH, and some others.  Deleting these ticks for
@CCO and CWX resulted in no tails plotting, but no other
changes, as one would expect.  However, after deleting the
tails from XCI and MSH, these indices plotted about 10 points
lower for the whole day.  Thus they now show a large gap down
at the market opening on Wednesday.  I was mad about such a
change.  But when the markets opened today, I did not see
a large gap up to recover those ~10 points.  The open today
was rather smoothly connected with the (lowered) close on
Wednesday.

Hence, now I suspect bad data for some/all indices going back
who knows how many days/weeks/months.

Does anybody have any thoughts about what is going on here?

Thanks,

Rod
--

J. Rodney Grisham, Ph.D.         ____  __   __
Technix Systems, Inc.             /   /_   /    /__/  /\ /  / \/