Re: Market Position

> Subject: MarketPosition
> Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 14:52:19 +0800
> From: Peter Hyde <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: Omega List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I have been receiving some confusing results using the el function
> MarketPosition.
>
> using the statement "IF MarketPosition(0)=-1 then
> ...Print...MarketPosition(0)" to determine if I'm currently short, I
> never seem to get MarketPosition(0)=-1 even though TS displays many
> Short positions. The print is only there for debugging, but it always
> prints as 1.00.
>
> Are there any oddities about this function that it may be useful to know
> about?
>
> Ta
> pete
> --
> Peter Hyde,  Information Management of W.A.   http://www.imwa.com.au
> PO Box 36 Armadale, 6112 Western Australia.
> Email: peter@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Fax: +618 9497 7184
>
> Thankyou for considering Ostrich Farmer - The World's finest computer
> program for Ratite Farming
> Download a free demo of our award winning farming software
> ftp://imwa.com.au/pub/imwa/setup.exe

Yes, Peter there just happens to be a rather bizarre feature embedded
into the MarketPosition function by evil Omega software engineers.  What
MarketPosition does is surreptitiously examine back-copies of the Omega
List.  If it finds the user has abused the List by asking questions in
order to create insertion space for unrelated commercial product
advertising (such as Ostrich Farming software, for Pete's sake), it
begins playing subtle little (non-MarketPosition) tricks until such
behavior is stopped.  Ratite Farmers of the World Unite!  But (please),
not on the Omega List.  Sorry if I ruffled your feathers, Peter but such
use of the List is strictly for the birds...you're fooling no one.

Dave

PS  How far apart do you plant those damn birds, anyways???