Databroadcast Signal cable datafeed.

omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx/readers:

Signal cable datafeed does not give all/almost all tick trade volume
data.

I am using supercharts 4.0, collecting data for 742 symbols, on a 200
pent mmx  88meg memmory.

For Dec 15  1997

>From signal cable datafeed realtime

For symbol dell:

        supercharts reads       total up volume for day:    1,746,400
                                total down volume for day:  1,596,400
                                        TOTAL up/down       3,342,800

TOTAL END OF DAY VOLUME                                    15,070,000

I downloaded tick data for dell from omega research for December 15

up volume       6,976,400
down volume     7,644,200
TOTAL          14,620,600

THIS IS CLOSER TO 15,079,000 than 3,342,800

Are any of you getting the same kind of data for signal cable realtime?

I was trying to use trade volume index for an indicator but with such
limited realtime data it is not accurate.

Does anyone know how I can collect the total volume for each tick, to
calculate
difference of volume from total volume of one tick to the next?

Example

tick 1 Last 64.5  trade volume 1000  volume(total)  1,120,000

next tick

tick 2 Last 64.25 trade volume 2000  volume(total)  1,125,000

1,125,000-1,120,000=5,000

The 3,000 difference between tick 1 and tick 2 volume; and trade volume
for tick 2 of 2,000 shares.

Would reducing the number of symbols help in getting more tick data for
a symbol?

Any comments appreciated.

Bob Kodama   email stocktrader@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx