Re: More Bad News for Prophet Users.

As things stand now, the index is calculated by a
multitude of vendors - such as Reuters and  Bloomberg
-- as well as cable networks like CNBC and CNNfn. "If
you look at a Reuters or Bloomberg terminal and then
turn on CNBC," says Richard Tofel, a Dow Jones
spokesman, "you notice that the two are reporting real
time Dow Jones industrial averages, but the numbers
are different."

"This is because they are each calculating it, taking
the last prices of the 30 stocks, and they are doing
it as fast as they can. But they are doing it in a
slightly different order. There is nothing wrong with
that. But when people are trading very highly
leveraged instruments on this, it can make a
difference." Traders betting on one version of the
DJIA will be in for a surprise when they find out
another version was at a different level at the moment
they placed their bet.

The above is a quote from Money Daily

Rob.

--