Re: ELA question on HighD, LowD, etc.

Hi,

I had the same problem a view months ago
I have attached the correct User functions for HighD and LowD

HighD_Ru and HighL_Ru

On 14 Dec 97 at 20:30, omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I wonder if anyone on the list has had this problem.
>
> I'm trying to get a HighD and LowD (and corresponding functions) to
> work on intraday data where they are called repeatedly in the same
> bar.  After looking at the Omega code for these functions, it
> appears that they won't work properly when called multiple times in
> a bar.  Or am I wrong about that?  What follows is an example of the
> problem I'm having.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> How Do I make this function work?  There appears to be some problem
> with HighD (and LowD) in that it doesn't properly keep track of the
> Hi of the day when repeatedly called from the same bar.
>
> I'm trying to accomplish something similar to AvgTrueRange, but
> using intraday data, but having the Avg range be calculated on the
> basis of the range for a day, not for a bar.
>
> What can I do?
>
> This is the function:
>
> {Function: AvgDailyRange}
> {Purpose: to calculate the average for the specified day using intra
> day data} inputs:  RangeLen(NumericSimple) ; Variables: AvgTemp(0),
> High1(0), Lo1(0); AvgTemp = 0; For Value1 = 1 to RangeLen begin
>  High1 = HighD(Value1);
>  Lo1 = LowD(Value1);
>  {Here, the High1 and Lo1 are staying the same thru the loop }
>  print("Dates=",Date:4:0,Date[Value1]:4:0,"Value1=",Value1:2:0,"High
>  1= ",High1,"Lo1=",Lo1,"Diff=",High1-Lo1); AvgTemp = AvgTemp + (
>  High1 - Lo1 );
> end;
> print("   AvgTemp = ",AvgTemp,"AvgTemp/RangeLen=",AvgTemp/RangeLen);
> AvgDailyRange = AvgTemp/RangeLen;
>
> TIA,
>
> Cash

Merry Xmas and

Greeting from Austria

Robert
      UEB Trading-UEB Trading-UEB Trading
   Trading Systems, Tradestation Programming,
 Omega Research Reseller for Austria and Italy
 Computer Consulting/Training,Solution Provider
                  Robert Ueberbacher
     A-6175 Unterperfuss 20, Austria, Europe
    Tel.: +43-5232-2560, FAX: +43-5232-256013
 ueb.trading@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Robert Ueberbacher)
      UEB Trading-UEB Trading-UEB Trading