Re: Where is FileAppend?

cash@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Where is FileAppend?
>
> I have TS 4.0 Build 19.6 and cannot find references to FileAppend
> anywhere in the docs or online-help
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> TIA,
>
> Cash

Category:

File Writing

Inputs:

Name Default Description
Str_filename None Name of file to which to append text. Place name of file in parentheses. If file does not exist, file is created.
Str_text None String of text to append to file. Place string of text within parentheses.

The FileAppend function enables you to append a string of text to an output file. You can append several strings to a file using this function.

Usage:

The following function will send the string Values followed on the next line by the Close and Open price values of the current bar to a text file
called syms.txt on your c drive.
FileAppend(C:\SYMS.TXT,Values +NewLine +

Close: +NumToStr(Close, 2) +
Open: +NumToStr(Open, 2) + NewLine);

Note: As shown in the above example, when you want to append strings spanning one or more lines, you do not need to call the FileAppend function more
than once.

--
Demand Year 2000 Fix Delivery Date for Omega Products!!!
And a proper beta test of TS 5.0 before it is unleashed to the public!

1. Name of Registered User
2. Name of product
3. Block I.D. Number if product has one.
4. Include any comments you wish for Omega if you have any.