Re: BMI & YEAR 2000 PROBLEM

On Fri, 12 Dec 97 Bob wrote:
>Omega software only has the trivial input/output problems, because the Omega
>Server database already saves pseudo Julian dates and Omega software doesn't
>do days-between-dates calculations.  Most of the year 2000 Omega software
>concerns expressed on this list are ridiculous.

Many vendors who sell competitive s/w packages have already
addressed (and fixed, in many cases) the issues that have
been discussed on this LIST. Consequently, I'm skeptical
about accepting the concerns, as they relate to Omega
products, as being "ridiculous". This company seems to have
a rather nasty habit of not following through on its
promises (at least not in a timely fashion).

Further, exactly what's trivial about the fact that the
server won't accept dates subsequent to 12/31/99? If this
=were=, in fact, trivial, why hasn't Omega supplied a patch
for products so affected?. Okay, sure, I =must= be missing
something because I'm not a s/w engineer. All I know is that
the server cannot deal properly with data entered after
12/31/99, that several indicators do not return the correct
value for data subsequent thereto, =and= that's it's
ridiculous to be concerned about the foregoing. Swell.......

Best regards,
Jim