Re: BMI & YEAR 2000 PROBLEM

	Subject: Re: BMI & YEAR 2000 PROBLEM

	These concerns are ridiculous.  Various computer programs you
	use probably display today's date as 12/11/97.  How do you know
	the year is not 1897 or 2097?  You know the year is 1997,
	because you don't need a computer to tell you which century we
	are in.  The same will be true in the year 2000.  When your
	computer shows 1/1/00, will you be confused and wonder if the
	year is 1800, 1900, 2000, or 2100.  I won't be.  If the Omega

You are describing a data conversion fix.  If the Omega Server accepts
data that is in 19XX or 20XX format then this heuristic might be an
acceptable temporary fix (good for another 20 years or so).  Just convert
the XX into a full date based on its apparent age before it gets to the
Omega Server.

But this assumes that both the server and Tradestation can accept
a 4 character date format.  If it can't, you're hosed and any date
comparison routines in the software must be changed
(example: 01 > 97 == FALSE).

Because this is a heuristic fix and will be good only to the point
where the historical data begins.  97 doesn't refer to 1897 because
*you* know that the stock price data doesn't go back that far.

For programs that must deal with future dates or information that
*does* extend back to the 19th century (treasury or economic data?) this
heuristic might not work.  I'm sure that companies dealing with
insurance policies, annuities and mortgage back securities have already
dealt with the Y2K problem or some components of their software would
fail today.

Credit card issuers are apparently laggers.

- Hacker