Re: EL code for system exits-The Answer

  • To: chris@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: EL code for system exits-The Answer
  • From: "Craig Nelson"<nelson@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 16:08:33 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for your suggestions.  I found out that when you have ExitShort and
ExitLong statements in a system, EL wants you to use different ("names")
for each.  For example, I was using ("ProfitTarget") for both ExitLong and
ExitShort statements when I wanted to exit the trade at a profit.  I didn't
think it mattered since ("whatever") is a descriptive term and the Trade by
Trade system results uses THE SAME description for long and short profit
target exits(it calls them "Profit Target" for both long and short profit
target exits).  I thought I was just coding by example.  I guess not.  Once
I changed the description though, everything verified OK.

Thanks very much for your help.  I will be upgrading to TS 4 or TS 5 in
Jan98, so hopefully I will have a more reliable Power Editor debugger
message box.

Craig