[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Morningstar on system investing

  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 08:37:16 -0000
  • From: "formulaprimer" <formulaprimer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Morningstar on system investing

natural gas I'm basically going to look at it from the ETF perspective UNG... It is in the very bearish down cycle due to the fact of all the natural gas environmental propaganda that went bust in the US... Unwinding of those positions and then reversing to short caused this heavy sell off... I would use an indicator that will track a trend but it will be cycle or consolidation for awhile... first thing I would do is get some trend indicators and oscillators or cycle they both work similar and momentum once you are in the cycle or trend.
MACD is a lagging indicator and thus all lag indicators are really trend indicators... you can get the relation with the others indicators from this perspective... There isn't one indicator or magic system it is rather an understanding of all the parts to give a picture... Also inter and intra market analysis is very important in this situation. Notice how most commodities like oil recovered and return to its cyclical bull direction after 2008 sell off but natural gas is in continuous bear market with no strength... The relation between energy groups tells you the real story of possible strength in direction.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, fibok@xxx wrote:

> What trending  indicators will you use to ascertain that say sugar or
> natural gas have turned positive from being negative?
>
> Regards
>
> Bill

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional