[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: How to create a price channel with higher highs and higher lows

  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 19:52:00 -0000
  • From: "formulaprimer" <formulaprimer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: How to create a price channel with higher highs and higher lows

Coding is not my thing.. hopefully someone else can help...
last try to help...

Pds1:= Input("Enter number of HHV-H periods", 3, 100, 20);
{Pds2:= Input("Enter number of HHV-L periods", 3, 100, 20);}

N1:= Input("Nth", 1, 100, 1);
C1:= Input("% MINIMUM CHANGE", 1, 100, 2);

{Peak( Nth, DATA ARRAY, % MINIMUM CHANGE )Plots the value of DATA ARRAY Nth
Peak(s) ago. This uses the Zig Zag function (see Zig Zag) to determine the
Peaks. N=1 would return the value of the most recent Peak. N=2 would return the
value of the 2nd most recent Peak, etc.}

Ref(HHV(H ,Pds1 ) ,-1);
{Ref(HHV(L ,Pds2 ) ,-1);}
Peak(N1,L,C1) ;

{END}

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mingsum lioa <mlioa@xxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    I try the code it works for the Higher high but not for the Higher low.
>
> The reason I want the price channels because I read a book The TRENDadvisor guide to
> breakthrough profits by Chuck Dukas. Inside the book he used the price channel to Higher
> highs and Higher lows to track the up/down trend . He used it in tradestation but no code is
> provided.I would like to use his trading system in Metastock so will be very happy if you could offer some help.
>
> Thanks
>
> cm

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional