Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] divergence

  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 15:04:41 -0800 (PST)
  • From: Mr Distinque <distinque@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] divergence

From my perspective, divergence is just another indicator, flag, that is saying maybe you should look here and watch what is happening.

I would be looking for others flags (based on my method), that are starting to say "a change is in the air".  I use candles, so I would be looking for candle patterns that are saying the same thing.  MAs are another good indicator.  Price cross-over.  Are they flattening, crossing?  Pick your poison and use sound money management so if you are wrong, you have an account saving exit in place.

My preference is also to use longer time periods as the prevailing direction for shorter time periods.  As such, a divergence on a 1min, 5min or 15min chart would only be influencing their time periods.  A divergence on a 4hr, daily, weekly, etc, would have more impact on the shorter time frames.  Read the longers for over all trend direction and trade only that direction on the shorter time frames. (My style, for what it is worth).

Success is defined as when preparation meets opportunity.
EGO Sum Qua EGO Sum
Sempre Avanti

He Who Sits In A Well To Look At The Sky Can See But Little