[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Future of Indicators

  • Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 22:28:46 -0000
  • From: "formulaprimer" <formulaprimer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Future of Indicators

I guess I post was a little vague... I was implying the same thing most are posting regarding the duplication of the same indicators... The difference is using different variables like volume,cycles,price(close,open,high,low,etc)and statistical variations like linear regression techniques... Duplications of the same derivative indicators either speed up or lag or smooth or increase spikes... Multi dimensional or layering of different variable input is the way.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "formulaprimer" <formulaprimer@xxx> wrote:

> I recently listened to some of the top technicians in the industry and they all are in agreement that the future of indicators are hybrids.
>
> The merging over several indicators that are not derivatives of one another... Example like momentum indicator merging with another momentum indicator but rather what you want is other variables like volume with momentum or trend or linear regression with volume or linear regression with oscillator or momentum or cycle indicator with volume accumulation or distribution etc... I'm sure you can see the variations are in the thousands and thousands... The trick is to find one that works for your own trading style.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)