[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: dayofmonth

  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 05:13:31 -0000
  • From: pumrysh <no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: dayofmonth

pjfalbe,

As Henry has pointed out the info is in the users manual. There are copies in the group files section.

Let me give you several pointers as well.

If you want to see how a line of code works you can always write it as an indicator and see how it plots on a chart. Like this:

A:=DayOfMonth()=13; {count this signal}
A;

If you had done this you would find a one being generated on the 13th of every month.

Another way to write the code would have been using an IF statement. Problem that you run into with using an IF statement is that it uses a lot of space and since space is sometimes at a premium we write the code in the fashion that you found.

One final point. While you have Metastock open you can usually find answers to these kind of question by clicking on the HELP icon.

Hope this helps,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "pjfalbe" <pjfalbe@xxx> wrote:

> I've recently downloaded a Metastock script which includes this line:
>
> A:=DayOfMonth()=13; {count this signal}
>
> I've looked in the manual but don't see this notation used.  To me
> its looks like "A" should be set to true when the day of the month is the 13th.  Can someone clarify for me please.
>
> Thanks you for your time.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: