RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Pedagogy - Audience Engagement Tricks

  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 09:06:30 -0000
  • From: "Benjamin Rodd" <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Pedagogy - Audience Engagement Tricks

Hey Alex, good luck with it. Hope it goes well.

If you're not experienced about public speaking then be careful about asking
what they expect up front as it may panic you because you are not going to
deal with x and y.

If they are v new to TA then how about this to grab their attention. Start
off with a close up slide of a tick chart...meaningless dots and lines
etc...then zoom out to in timeframes until probably daily/weekly using
different slides and then start drawing a couple of trendlines. Initially
the chart will be meaningless but you can show them that just with a couple
of lines you can bring some order to it.

Show them that using every single oscillator is not going to help them...try
them all by all means as part of the learning process but as Super
says...they need to find out what works for them.

Not strictly TA but I'd have a hand out on risk management and also perhaps
show them how news affects different areas of the market. There's a great
ready made handout for this here:
http://www.thegoldandoilguy.com/Economic-Indicators.pdf

Hope this helps,
Crom