[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Metastock 9.0 & Windows 7

  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 03:47:55 -0000
  • From: "Rvalue1" <rvalue1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Metastock 9.0 & Windows 7

The other powerful feature of MT4 is that the EAs (Expert Advisors) can be turned on to actually do auto trades for you with the (currency)brokerage platforms. I think if some of the brokerages realized how many more trades and profits that would generate they would salivate. That would almost certainly make Metastock a has been.
Designing profitable EAs is easier with stocks than with short time frame currency pairs. I think there is an excellent fit there. Would be great if someone like Interactive Brokers would introduce MT4 to do that along with the more complicated APi applications that they currently have.
I could see myself turning on my MT4 EA for a stock as well as on something like NQ e-minis during the NY session.  Metastock needs to complete their link to enable trading from the EA software triggers and partner with a majot company like TD Ameritrade's thinkorswim. maybe they could even enable auto options trading with straight calls and puts or spreads. That would keep them novel and have us all flocking to buy the MS12.0.

EQUIS - ARE YOU READING THIS?

Oh why bother... no one from equis reads this stuff probably and even if they do, would not have the management team, that would want to be a leader again...
--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mr Distinque <distinque@xxx> wrote:

> EGO Sum Qua EGO Sum translates to I am where I am.  Always Forward is correct.
>
> Remember TAS well.  My first system with MS was a 8088 PCXT with a 10mg hard drive, 640k ram and a Amdek Color II CGA monitor.  Remember CompuTrak?  I was in paradise.
>
> I agree with your Equis/Reuters view.  That was not a good move for Equis International.  Equis has missed the boat.  Once the discount equity brokers realize the value of the MT4 platform and start to offer it (Are you listening Scottrade?), MS will accelerate their fading into the sunset.  While I do like the benefit of their on line stock files, they are horrendous for doing back testing and explorations on.  Can MS resurrect itself? I think they can, but without a real change in their RT Forex quotes, i.e. align with a broker providing quotes & trading, they are restricting themselves to the futures and equities markets.  Forex is walking away from both those in the number of new traders joining the markets.
>
> I know Larsen's work.  He was one of the front runners in exposing all the back testing bugs in MS.  I stopped using the system tester in MS about 15 years ago when I ran a parallel spreadsheet against it and received a rude awakening.

> EGO Sum Qua EGO Sum
> Sempre Avanti

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional