Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Changing the week end days in Metastock downloader

  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 11:47:54 +1300
  • From: "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Changing the week end days in Metastock downloader

Hi Joa...

Although somewhat off topic, a feature recently added to my D series (using EOD data) of Multi-Frame formulas is an end-of-week offset capability. These indicators don?t change the daily data format in any way but they do allow the user to select a different end-of-week point when plotting a weekly indicator value on conventional daily data. The default value of 0 (zero offset) sets day 7, Sunday, as the last day of the week. If, for example, the offset is changed to 2, the effective end-of-week shifts from Sunday to Tuesday (DayOfWeek()=2) and then weekly Multi-Frame indicator values are based on Tuesday prices.

The offset feature is of no use in most western markets but it is relevant to markets where weekends fall on days other than Saturday and Sunday. Monthly or higher frame settings are unaffected by the end-of-week offset as it?s only applicable to a weekly periodicity setting.

With around 70 formulas in each of the three MF series the complete Intraday Multi-Frame package is a genuine must-have for anyone using systems based on multiple timeframes. Most formulas simulate existing MS functions (for a higher periodicity) but there is also a growing list of generic formulas in the mix, Kaufman?s AMA being but one example. A little more information about Multi-Frame formulas can be found at http://www.metastocktips.co.nz/other_formulas.html.

Below there?s a D series Multi-Frame Simple Moving Average (for closing prices only) that includes the end-of-week offset feature.  Make sure the current version of the Forum DLL is installed before copying as a new indicator into the Indicator Builder. Write to me at rlarsen@xxxxxxxxxx if you?d like more information.

Roy

 {Multi-Frame D SMA-O}

 {Simple Moving Average}

 {Requires Equis Forum DLL}

 {Roy Larsen, 2008-2009, 2/11/09}

 {User settings}

N:=Input("Multi-Frame D SMA-O, Periods",1,99,10);

J:=Input("Months per Frame, 0=Weekly",0,12,0);

J:=If(J<5 OR Mod(J,3)=0 AND (J<>9),Int(J),-1);

G:=Input("End-of-week Offset in Days",0,6,0);

Q:=Input("Mode, 0=Static 1=Dynamic 2=Delayed",0,2,1);

 {Update on last bar, new bar or new frame}

 {Timing signals}

 {Day counter by metastocktools.com}

D:=DayOfWeek();M:=Month();Y:=Year();

Z:=Cum(1);F:=Rnd(Life(291231));

M:=If(J=0,ValueWhen(1,Z=1,F+D-G-1)-F,

(Y-ValueWhen(1,Z=1,Y))*12+M);

I:=If(J=0,Int(M/7),Int((M-1)/Max(1,J)));

I:=I>ValueWhen(2,1,I);

G:=LastValue(J<0 OR Lowest(Sum(I>0,5))=5);

I:=ExtFml("Forum.Sum",I,1);M:=G+I;

F:=ExtFml("Forum.Sum",Ref(I,1),1)*(M=0)*(Z>1)+G;

B:=LastValue(Z);A:=B-1=Z;B:=B=Z;

F:=F+B*(Q=0)*(J=0)*(D=5);

J:=If(F,1,(Alert(F,2)=0)*M*2*(Z>1));

J:=If(A+LastValue(J)>2 OR B+(Q=1)=2,1,J);

J:=If(G,1,If(Q=2,M*2,J));

 {Frame prices}

K:=ValueWhen(1,J,If(J=1,C,ValueWhen(2-G,1,C)));

 {Simple MA}

J:=J>0; A:=Cum(J);

Z:=Z-ValueWhen(N+1,J,Z);

Z:=ExtFml("Forum.Sum",J*K,Z);