RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Metastock Expert

  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 12:51:35 -0500
  • From: Pete Lieber <plieber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Metastock Expert

You're correct I should have spelled that out.  It is why I put the both True statements first.

To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: henry1224@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 14:46:54 +0000

What you now see, is that you have 3 signals, but what you are missing is that Metastock can only show 1 signal on any given bar.

So in order for metastock to show the correct signal, you have to set up the signals in the correct precedence signal a for both conditions true has to be listed first, signal b for the candle only to be true second and finally signal c for only the fractal to be true is listed third

--- In equismetastock@yahoogroups.com, Pete Lieber <plieber@xxx> wrote:

> You have two conditions - a Fractal and a Candle
>
> For these two conditions you'll have three symbols,
> Symbol A : Candle Fml =1 and Fractal Fml = 1
> Symbol B: Candle Fml =1 and Fractal Fml <> 1
> Symbol C: Fractal Fml = 1 and Candle Fml <>1
>
> So you were close! To make it work you have to put in the "AND" statement saying the other condition is "not equal" ("<>") to 1
>

> To: equismetastock@yahoogroups.com
> From: distinque@xx.
> Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 14:18:36 -0800
> Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Metastock Expert

> Not sure what you are asking to display.
>
> If I understand what you are attempting I would create 3 alerts. One with both buy conditions. One for the candle and one for the fractal. In the Expert listing place the most restrictive one first, the candle and fractal. The next two would be in your order of preference. I would tie the fractal and candle formulas together with a "AND" condition.
>
> I also do one other step in my experts & formulas, I wrap the in an IF statement that resolves to 1 if true and 0 if false. This way I can write the expert/explorer statement as "if (fml A = 1)
>
> For this I would write the following:
>
> The first Expert condition
> Candle Fml = 1 AND Fractal Fml = 1 - Select the symbol/color and text for this alert
>
> The second
> Candle Fml = 1 - Select the symbol/color and text for this alert
>
> The third
> Fractal Fml = 1 - Select the symbol/color and text for this alert
>
> Now you have 3 separate alerts which will fire in the order you desire.
>
> Following is my Dark Cloud Cover alert. I am only interested in this during an uptrend:
> DarkCloud() = 1 AND Ref(HIGH,-3) > Ref(HIGH,-4) AND Ref(HIGH,-2) > Ref(HIGH,-3) AND Ref(HIGH,-1) > Ref(HIGH,-2)
>
> Following is my Evening Doji Star:
> EveningDojiStar()=1
>
> I have a pile of these in a Candle Expert advisor. The most restrictive, requiring more price bars, are first.
> EGO Sum Qua EGO Sum
> Sempre Avanti