[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Index & AD Line Divergence Indicator - Help

  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:12:45 -0000
  • From: pumrysh <no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Index & AD Line Divergence Indicator - Help

Tono,

I can suggest indicators all day long but you must understand how to use them first.

The A/D line is a composite that must be made in the downloader. You may have a data provider who will furnish the info for you. Once you have that information you will be able to plot it and manipulate it as you see fit. An A/D index cannot be made without the composite data.

So what other information is available. If you are getting the Index data then you can apply a stochastic or maybe even some of Wilder's directional indicators. The problem will be that with either of these approaches you will not see the daily advancing versus declining issues.

I think your approach is fine. Its a matter of whether you can obtain the data that you need.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Tono <tonmdn@xxx> wrote:

> Thanks again preston
>
> I am looking at market breadth as a part of my entry & exit decision. The idea is to look for stage 1 and stage 2 for entry timing and stage 3 and stage 4 for exit timing by tightening stop loss point.
>
> I am working on my own and have limitation in metastock formula programming so i try to get into this forum in hope finding someone that would help me to create indicator(s) that can identifying those market stages so i can use it for backtesting.
>
> anyway it's nice to have your viewpoint that enrich my trading knowledge.
>
> What are the other indicators on index that you could suggest?
>
> Tono

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: