Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Using explorer to send parameters to formulae

  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 09:11:06 +1300
  • From: "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Using explorer to send parameters to formulae

Hi Crom/Preston

It's possible using Mark Pyle's GV DLL to pass parameters on to other tools. There are conditions, of course, such as the indicator must have been pulled down onto a chart to allow the user-input to be read and saved as a global variable. Here's how I recall making it work when I last tested the method.

{My Indicator}
UserData:=Input("User Input",0,99,5);
UserData:=ExtFml("GV.SetVar","UserData",UserData);
{remaining indicator code}

{My Exploration}

{colA}
UserData:=LastValue(ExtFml("GV.GetVar","UserData"));
{remaining exploration code}

I don't have any full working examples of code but I do know that the process works as long as the global variable(s) is/are set up in each MetaStock session before the exploration attempts to use them. If not set up correctly your results will be garbage.

Regards

Roy