[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Help!

  • Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 12:13:13 -0000
  • From: "p_panther_73" <quantumb.1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Help!

Happy New Year!

1. You may want to try this:

a:=Year()>Ref(Year(),-1);
c0:=ValueWhen(1,a,Ref(C,-1));
100*(C/c0-1)

It should give the % return since the last year's closing price.

2. You can create an exploration like this:

colA

c>mov(c,200,c)

Then, it's getting a but tricky but not that difficult:
You have to export data in excel (for e.g) and sum. This way, you'll get the number of stocks above their sma200.
Doing this day by day, you'll get the desired list. Then you may want to export this as a stock. This can be done using the downloader.

There is of course another way, but gets maybe a bit more complicated:

Suppose we have 10 stocks in our database.
We may write a new formula namely fml("above sma200 1"), as follows:

a1:=security("stock 1",c);
a2:=security("stock 2",c);
a3:=security("stock 3",c);
a4:=security("stock 4",c);
a5:=security("stock 5",c);
a6:=security("stock 6",c);
a7:=security("stock 7",c);
a8:=security("stock 8",c);
a9:=security("stock 9",c);
a10:=security("stock 10",c);
(a1>mov(a1,200,s))+
(a2>mov(a2,200,s))+
(a3>mov(a3,200,s))+
(a4>mov(a4,200,s))+
(a5>mov(a5,200,s))+
(a6>mov(a6,200,s))+
(a7>mov(a7,200,s))+
(a8>mov(a8,200,s))+
(a9>mov(a9,200,s))+
(a10>mov(a10,200,s))

where you should replace stock N with the proper security's name.
If you have more than 10 stocks (which should be the case), you may create more indicators like the one above and then have a final indicator adding the above:

fml("above sma200 1")+fml("above sma200 2")+...

I think this thing works, but I'm not quite sure it will be fast.

Regards,

Minas Chantzides

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sanmig13 <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> Hi I'm a newbie in Metastock programming. Can anyone help me create an exploration of the following:
>
> 1. Top gainers or Most active stocks since Jan 1, 2009; and,
> 2. The number of stocks in my database that are currently below their 200-day moving average.
>
> With regards to #1, I often see explorations that explore for x number of days, say 252 days for 1 year. Since not all the stocks in my database have 252 trading days in a year, I'd like to have an exploration from a specific date say Jan 1, 2009.
>
> Hoping for a kind response from anyone.
>
> Regards,
>
> Miko

<*> Your email settings: