Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Help!

  • Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 01:59:38 -0000
  • From: "sanmig13" <mikosayo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Help!

Hi Kong,

Some people are built for coding. I guess I simply am not.

I know my inquiries may be very elementary and it's like I'm asking to be spoon-fed but it's really tough for me cause I don't even know anyone personally at all who knows how to do coding in Metastock. There are hardly only a handful of people who uses Metastock here in Manila.

With regards to my first inquiry, to get the top gainers from a specific date, I noticed in other explorations that people use the ROC indicator but I can't seem to figure out how to inject a specific date into it say, top gainers from Jan 1, 2009. Should I use "Highest Since"? but how?

With regards to my second inquiry, to get the number of stocks in my database, which are above the 200-day moving average. How do I make Metastock count the number of stocks that are above the 200-day MA, instead of telling me what the value of the moving average is or instead of telling me whether the price is above or below the moving average?

Any help or hint would be very much appreciated.

Happy New Year!

Regards,

Miko

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Leh Kee Kong <lkkong969@xxx> wrote:

> Enclose is MetaStock Forumla Primer may be useful to you.
>
> Happy New Year.
>
> Kong

> Windows 7: Find the right PC for you. Learn more.
> http://windows.microsoft.com/shop

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: