Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Backtesting bugs

trader3cnd wrote:
> How long does it take to produce results with your program? I would
> guess it is a function of the indicator numbers you use.

The time for each solution is measured in minutes. It depends on the speed
of your computer, the amount of price/volume data to be analyzed and whether
you are searching for a system of long trades only, short trades only or
both long and short trades.

> Can you give an example?

The best example is to try it with your own data and configuration. Install
the free trial version and give it a whirl.
(http://www.gssta.com/download.php)

By the way to address your first concerns, when I generate some buy and sell
rules in GSSTA and then plug them into MetaStock I see differences in the
two results on the order of two or three tenths of a percent.

--
Charles

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional