[EquisMetaStock Group] Prescreened

Fundamental Analysis and Quantitative Analysis stock pickers with long
term public track records include, Valueline Timeliness Rank 1, Ford
Equity Research's top 20, S&P Neural Fair Value 25, S&P Platinum list,
IBD 100 and others. Valueline and Ford have the most data on their
long term performance. For dividend stocks, Investment Quality Trends
has a long and consistent track record.

Being on more than one list simultaneously doesn't improve the
performance. Using simple TA on the list does.

If you want to understand FA and QA testing, you can read the posts on
the Motley Fools Mechanical Investing Board.

There are many buy and hold strategies with yearly, quarterly and
monthly holding periods that produce results as good as any I've seen
using TA. In addition, several of the strategies test better in the
tough years like 2001 and 2002 than do the TA systems. There are
systems testers for FA and QA. I've posted info on them before. They
range in price from $10K a year, to less than $200 a year, to free.
The free ones have limited application such as being confined to one
type of data like the Valueline T1 symbols.

You can read about them on the board.

A few years ago I complied the track records of a few of the better
traders I know against some of the people who trade the holding period
strategies I mentioned. The results from live trading over an 8 year
period gave the edge to the holding period strategies in both overall
return and consistency from year to year through 2004. This is with
equities. It's hard to get real return numbers from traders, (good or
bad ones), so I was lucky to come up with the data I got, and very
fortunate they were willing to share it with me. I had four traders
from each category. It wasn't a large sample size but the results were
very interesting.

I use the Valueline lists, and the others, rather than create my own.

Super

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Alvin Yu <alvinyu2005@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Super
>     Where can we locate the FA& QA Prescreener ?
> rgds

Yahoo! Mail today! http://www.trueswitch.com/yahoo-sg

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional