[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: RMO in Enhanced System Tester

I tested the RMO in various forms, including with the rules supplied
with MS, which are many and sometimes not easy to apply. I found the
constraint lists lengthy. (That's my opinion anyway.)

What I got out of my test results was the same thing I've posted on
here before. It did okay in markets that were in a definitive,
undeniable trend. As I've said many times before, TA tools don't work
well unless the market is in a definitive trend.

Basically, when the markets are in an established trend, the only
tools you really need are a couple of moving averages and good list of
stocks that have a high probability of going up. For those I use FA
and QA prescreeners.

In a trending market, if the same system is applied to a broad
universe of stocks and then to a good FA and QA prescreen list with a
long track record of success, the system works better on the
prescreened stocks. Significantly better. I've tested that principle
over and over and the results are always the same.

When the market is not trending, as in going sideways, whipping up and
down as it has done recently or bouncing around with no discernible
direction, then TA doesn't work very well, no matter what you apply it
to. In those cases, you have to buy and sell on instinct. For example,
I know that certain closed end funds go down in December and go up in
January. I also know the Fed can't help itself when it comes to giving
out welfare. So I bought a bunch of closed end funds sensitive to the
Fed policy. Sure enough they went down more. Then my buddy Ben went
quantitative with economic policy and in a couple of days those closed
end funds zoomed up. The only thing I used TA for was to buy the funds
at a reasonable limit in price.

If you find something that works in non-trending markets and really
shows some good test results, please share it. So far I haven't been
able to find it, and I've been looking part time for 35 years and full
time for 10 years. I want to have at least five years to use it before
I die so I can make my heirs really, really rich!

Super

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "j.geenen" <j.geenen@xxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Thanks for your advise. I wanted to compare the RMO in several
> strategies described in the manual with other systems. That's why I
> wanted the RMO in the System Tester. I hear that there is a new RMO,
> the RMO II, but you will cancel the subscription. What does the RMO
> II do? What do you mean when you say: For all the testing of the RMO
> I have done, is it is good at getting it, but terrible at getting out.
>
> Greatings, Jan
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Big Papa"
> <denver69692002@> wrote:
> >
> > Jan,
> >
> > It depends on how indepth you want to get with the RMO tester.
> > On it's core level, you could use:
> >  Fml( "Rahul Mohindar Osc (RMO)") >0 to buy and
> >  Fml( "Rahul Mohindar Osc (RMO)") <0 to sell.
> >
> > I believe in watching the Equis video on how to use the RMO, Mr.
> > Mohindar suggests using the RMO not on its own as a trading system,
> > but as a confirmation to another.
> >
> > For instance, I have added it on to the pre-canned systems such as
> the
> > RSI 30-80, the TEMA, and the Equis-CCI +100/-100 Crossover system.
> You
> > can go in and edit these systems, and add the portion above pretty
> > easily as an confirmation.
> >
> > There are other ways to look at the RMO such as the Swing Trade 2 &
> > Swing Trade 3 for the crossovers. Much of that depends on your
> trading
> > style. The RMO > or < 0 for the longer trends, the swing trade
> > crossovers for the scalping.
> >
> > For all the testing of the RMO I have done, is it is good at
> getting
> > it, but terrible at getting out. I have also subscribed to the RMO
> II
> > from Equis, but will be cancelling that subscription shortly.
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "j.geenen" <j.geenen@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi everybody
> > >
> > > Can anybody tell me were I can find a link that describes how to
> > > implementate the RMO in the Enhanced System Tester? Of course I
> > looked
> > > at the forum and the help files but I couldn't find it.
> > >
> > > Thanks, Jan

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: