[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: MACD Histogram Cycle and Trigger with 4 Green 1 Red or 4 Red 1 Green

Alvin,

The settings can be changed. They are in this line:

buy:= BarsSince(green= 0)=g;

Where g is set by a previous formula call to a value of three. So I
have actually set mine at 1 red and 3 green.

If you want to track the trigger then something like this might be
better.

g:=1; {periods of higher MACD's}
{RedGreen MACD Histogram}
X:= Mov(MACD(),9,E);
Green:=If(X> Ref(X,-1) ,X,0);
Red:=If(X<Ref( X,-1),X,0) ;
buy:= BarsSince(green=0)=g;
buy;

r:=1; {periods of lower MACD's}
{RedGreen MACD Histogram}
X:= Mov(MACD(),9,E);
Green:=If(X> Ref(X,-1) ,X,0);
Red:=If(X<Ref( X,-1),X,0) ;
sell:= BarsSince(red=0)=r;
sell;

The changes are in the X value which is now the trigger rather than
the MACD and the green and red periods.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Alvin Yu <alvinyu2005@xxx>
wrote:

> Hi Preston
>     Tried both formulas , the one from MC is closer to
Chartnexus 's (4 red 1 green) trigger .The bar appear at the point of
changing .

>     Your new formula seems to have more lagging effect  but
there are  accuratecy reference to MACD signal .

>     The following is additional info I can get from Chartnexus
web on 4Red1Green:
>             " MacD_Histogram_4r1g with_MacD_above_0.ruz
(modified 9 months ago)
> ChartNexus
> Market condition: Bullish / Uptrend Signal type: Buy Time scale:
Mid term Description: MacD Histogram uniquely tracks the turn in
price trend. For uptrending stocks, the MacD Histogram cycle will
give a buy signal after a retracement in price. This rule will
combine MacD Histogram cycle with MacD line above zero reference line
for better result. Version: 1.0 Date uploaded: 3 Mar 2008 Click here
for more information about additional configurations This rule is one
of the strategies taught in ChartNexus Technical Analysis course"

>     I will back test  more charts and come back to u again.
>
> rgds

over to Yahoo! Mail today! http://www.trueswitch.com/yahoo-sg

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional