From: p_panther_73 <mchantzi@xxxxxxxxx>
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, 28 December 2008 4:03:54
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: MACD Histogram Cycle and Trigger with 4 Green 1 Red or 4 Red 1 Green

Hi there,

It seems to be that you want something like this:

stp:=12; {periods of the short-term ema}
ltp:=26; {periods of the long-term ema}
slp:=9; {periods of the MACD's signal line}
g:=3; {periods of consecutive higher values of the MACD's Histogram}
r:=3; {periods of consecutive lower values of the MACD's Histogram}

md:=mov(c,stp, e)-mov(c, ltp,e); {This is MACD}
mmd:=mov(md, slp,e); {MACD's singal line}
mdh:=md-mmd; {MACD's Histogram}
rmd:=roc(mdh, 1,$); {Roc of MACD's Histogram}

buy:=rmd>0 and barssince(ref( rmd>0,-1) )>=r; {We buy when we have
MACD's Histogram turning up plus there have been r-bars of MACD
Histogram consecutive lower values}

sell:=rmd<0 and barssince(ref( rmd<0,-1) )>=g; {we sell when we have
MACD's Histogram turning down plus there have been g-bars of MACD's
Histogram consecutive higher values)

Please note, that a) I don't have metaStock on this pc, so I didn't
actually check the validity of the code and b) I'm not quite sure that
this is what is described in the link that was given.

Regards,

mc

--- In equismetastock@ yahoogroups. com, Alvin Yu <alvinyu2005@ ...> wrote:

> Hi Preston
>     My  "not tally" mean " the number of green bars or red bars
are not the same as for the 2 charts " Example as follow:

>     1st to 10th bars (from Right) are all RED in Chartnexus
but it shows 4 Green & 6 "Red" in Metastock

>      It seems that they are some comparison on the price data
between  as the trigger is formulated when the barschanged from red
to green  & vise versa . The Chartnexus web shows some info on MACD
Histogram cycle  but may not be detail enough .

http://www.chartnex us.com/learning/ manual/add- ons/node26. html#SECTION0041 1600000000000000 0

>     Hope It is not too troubling u  to help me on this formula
>
> rgds
>

> ____________ _________ _________ __
with 4 Green 1 Red or 4 Red 1 Green

> Alvin,
>
> What I gave you will work just like the pic.
>
> In order to get the style and colors you want you must right click
> on the indicator and change to the color and style that you want.
> This is covered in the users manual as well.
>
> Preston
>
> --- In equismetastock@ yahoogroups. com, Alvin Yu <alvinyu2005@ ....>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Preston
> > Ã&#65533; Ã&#65533; Ã&#65533;  Sorry I did not get this clear enough .My actual
needs as
> follow:
> >
> > Ã&#65533; MACD Histogram (MACDH) to show the following:
> >
> > 1. When MACDH > 0 AND MACDH(t) > MACDH(t-1), output on the
> histogram is GREEN in colour.
> > 2. When MACDH > 0 AND MACDH(t) < MACDH(t-1), output on the
> histogram is RED in colour.
> > 3. When MACDH < 0 AND MACDH(t) < MACDH(t-1), output on the
> histogram is RED in colour.
> > 4. When MACDH < 0 AND MACDH(t) > MACDH(t-1), output on the
> histogram is GREEN in colour.
> >
> > Note: (t) denotes the most recent MACDH value, (t-1) denotes the
> value of MACDH one period before
> >
> > I saw this in the following web siteÃ&#65533;  but I could notÃ&#65533;  find the
> solution:
> > http://forum. vtsystems. com/index. php?
> s=88fe854d789faa450 28153615fba14ed& showtopic= 9256&pid= 40576&st=
0&#ent
> ry40576
> >
> > Appreciate if u can help on this .
> >
> > Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
> >
> > Ã&#65533;

Get your new Email address!
Grab the Email name you've always wanted before someone else does! __._,_.___