[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: MACD Histogram Cycle and Trigger with 4 Green 1 Red or 4 Red 1 Green

MC, Alvin,

I was looking at the link and trying to figure out whether they were
using a trigger or barssince. It may even be possible they are using
both.

I'm not at my metastock computer at the moment but will check it
when I am.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "p_panther_73" <mchantzi@xxx>
wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> It seems to be that you want something like this:
>
> stp:=12; {periods of the short-term ema}
> ltp:=26; {periods of the long-term ema}
> slp:=9; {periods of the MACD's signal line}
> g:=3; {periods of consecutive higher values of the MACD's
Histogram}
> r:=3; {periods of consecutive lower values of the MACD's Histogram}
>
> md:=mov(c,stp,e)-mov(c,ltp,e); {This is MACD}
> mmd:=mov(md,slp,e); {MACD's singal line}
> mdh:=md-mmd; {MACD's Histogram}
> rmd:=roc(mdh,1,$); {Roc of MACD's Histogram}
>
> buy:=rmd>0 and barssince(ref(rmd>0,-1))>=r; {We buy when we have
> MACD's Histogram turning up plus there have been r-bars of MACD
> Histogram consecutive lower values}
>
> sell:=rmd<0 and barssince(ref(rmd<0,-1))>=g; {we sell when we have
> MACD's Histogram turning down plus there have been g-bars of MACD's
> Histogram consecutive higher values)
>
> Please note, that a) I don't have metaStock on this pc, so I didn't
> actually check the validity of the code and b) I'm not quite sure
that
> this is what is described in the link that was given.
>
> Regards,
>
> mc
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Alvin Yu <alvinyu2005@>
wrote:

> > Hi Preston
> >     My  "not tally" mean " the number of green bars or red
bars
> are not the same as for the 2 charts " Example as follow:
> >
> >     1st to 10th bars (from Right) are all RED in Chartnexus
> but it shows 4 Green & 6 "Red" in Metastock
> >
> >      It seems that they are some comparison on the price data
> between  as the trigger is formulated when the barschanged from
red
> to green  & vise versa . The Chartnexus web shows some info on
MACD
> Histogram cycle  but may not be detail enough .
> >
> http://www.chartnexus.com/learning/manual/add-
ons/node26.html#SECTION004116000000000000000

> >     Hope It is not too troubling u  to help me on this
formula

<alvinyu2005@ ....>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Preston
> > > Ã&#65533; Ã&#65533; Ã&#65533;  Sorry I did not get this
clear enough .My actual
> needs as
> > follow:
> > >
> > > Ã&#65533; MACD Histogram (MACDH) to show the following:
> > >
> > > 1. When MACDH > 0 AND MACDH(t) > MACDH(t-1), output on the
> > histogram is GREEN in colour.
> > > 2. When MACDH > 0 AND MACDH(t) < MACDH(t-1), output on the
> > histogram is RED in colour.
> > > 3. When MACDH < 0 AND MACDH(t) < MACDH(t-1), output on the
> > histogram is RED in colour.
> > > 4. When MACDH < 0 AND MACDH(t) > MACDH(t-1), output on the
> > histogram is GREEN in colour.
> > >
> > > Note: (t) denotes the most recent MACDH value, (t-1) denotes
the
> > value of MACDH one period before
> > >
> > > I saw this in the following web siteÃ&#65533;  but I could
notÃ&#65533;  find the
> > solution:
> > > http://forum. vtsystems. com/index. php?
> > s=88fe854d789faa450 28153615fba14ed& showtopic= 9256&pid=
40576&st=
> 0&#ent
> > ry40576
> > >
> > > Appreciate if u can help on this .
> > >
> > > Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
> > >
> > > Ã&#65533;
> > >

> > > ____________ _________ _________ __

(Note:
> > > Green
> > one
histograms-
> > v1/

> > satisfy
Red
> > &

> > > Happy Holidays from Yahoo! Messenger. Spread holiday cheers
> > to your friends and loved ones today! Get started at
> > http://emoticaroler s.com/
> > >

> > __.._,_.___
> > Messages in this topic (4) Reply (via web post) | Start a new
topic
> > Messages | Files | Photos | Database | Polls
> > MARKETPLACE

> > Recent Activity
> > 	*  8
> > New MembersVisit Your Group
> > Yahoo! News
> > Get it all here
> > Breaking news to
> > entertainment news
> > Yahoo! Finance
> > It's Now Personal
> > Guides, news,
> > advice & more.
> > Need traffic?
> > Drive customers
> > With search ads
> > on Yahoo!
> > .
> >

> >       Yahoo! Toolbar is now powered with Search Assist.Download
it now!
> > http://sg.toolbar.yahoo.com/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional