From: pumrysh <no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, 23 December, 2008 5:05:57 AM
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Quick checks

Big,

See if this helps.

Preston

Buy:= C <=LLV(C,7);
{close is less than or equal to lowest low value of close over 7 days}

Sell:= C >= HHV(C,7);
{close is greater than or equal to highest high value of close over 7
days}

A RSI(2) is of little value and I would suggest using the 3 day
lookback period for it.
You can sum for 2 days like this:

Sum(RSI(3),2)

Using Cum() would add the values going all the way back to the
beginning of the chart.

For the VIX, I have:
VIX: The average implied volatility of 8 OEX options with a 30 day
expiration reported as an index.

Volatility Spike: As defined by techies it is when the VIX rises
35% .

Saitta surmized that the volatility spike was useless in markets
that did not rise above 35%, therefore he standardized the measure by
using a 15% rise of the 20 day moving average. His definition is:

Saitta's Volatility Spike: The VIX minus 115% of its 20 day moving
average. In metastock terms the formula would be:

{Saitta Volatility Spike}