[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Coding for period between 2 dates using single date input format

Arun,

In October ,when we were discussing 7 inputs, I gave you the
following link:

http://forum.equis.com/forums/thread/17014.aspx

There you will find a discussion on how its done.

Basically you use the inputs from the year, month, and day of the
month to derive a numerical value.

There is a problem with metastock's calculation method that could
effect the outcome so you will need to decide how you wish to
proceed.

You should also be aware that there is a DLL version that will work
as well.

All is discussed there, so if you haven't done so, go to the link and
read at least the first and second page of the discussion.

If you are still having problems let me know.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "arun103" <arun103@xxx> wrote:

> How do you code the period between two dates if single date input
> format is being used?
>
>  { Start date }
> dt1:=Input("First date (mmddyyyy) :",1011960,12312100,1072008);
>
>  { End date }
> dt2:=Input("Second date (mmddyyyy) :",1011960,12312100,1072008);
>
> With the metastock date functions, using the metastock date input
we
> can code it as follows:
>
>  { Start }
> start:=Year()>sy