[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Tops and bottoms in MACD

Jan,

Every journey begins with good preparation. It appears that you are
well on your way.

Before you begin testing you should evaluate each part of your system
on a chart to determine if the signals are what you are looking for.
You should ask yourself if a particular parameter is necessary.

Have you tried using different combinations of your long parameters?
What happens if you use just:

AL AND DL;

Are you any better off including the cross parameters?

As far as improving what you have, you could reconsider the use of
the exponential moving averages. If you decide to change to something
other than the EMA then include that change in the MACD as well.

Years ago, someone came up with the "Better Bollinger Bands". The
only difference was where Bollinger used SMA'a they were using EMA's.

Best of luck with your work,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "j.geenen" <j.geenen@xxx>
wrote:

> Hi Preston
>
> Here is the result of our trading system:
>
> Long:
> AL:=C > Mov(C,30,E);
> BL:=Cross( MACD(), Mov(MACD(),9,EXPONENTIAL)) ;
> CL:=Cross(C,Mov(C,30,E));
> DL:=MACD() > Mov(MACD(),9,E);
> (AL AND BL) OR (CL AND DL);
>
> Close Long:
> Cross(Mov(MACD(),5,E),MACD())
>
> Short:
> AS:= C < Mov(C,30,E);
> BS:= Cross(Mov(MACD(),9,E),MACD());
> CS:= Cross(Mov(C,30,E),C);
> DS:= MACD() < Mov(MACD(),9,E);
> (AS AND BS) OR (CS AND DS);
>
> Close Short:
> Cross(MACD(),Mov(MACD(),5,E))
>
> It works good, now we start testing the system.
>
> Do you see any problems or incompatibles or do you have any advices?
>
> Regards, Jan
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Jan,
> >
> > Thanks for clearing that up.
> >
> > If you haven't done so yet check this site for examples:
> > http://trader.online.pl/MSZ/e-0-tytulowa-m.html
> >
> > You can also do a search on our site and some of the other forums
> > for examples.
> >
> > Basically you have two conditions so coding can be as simple as:
> >
> > {LONG}
> > AL:=C > mov(C,30,E);
> > BL:=MACD()>0;
> > AL and BL;
> >
> > {CLOSE LONG}
> > BX:= MACD()<0;
> > BX;
> >
> > {SHORT}
> > AS:= C < mov(C,30,E);
> > BS:= MACD() < 0;
> > AS and BS;
> >
> > {CLOSE SHORT}
> > BSX:=MACD()>0;
> > BSX;
> >

> > Okay, one more thing, if you haven't yet read the users manual,
> > there is one in the group files. The manual covers quite a bit
and
> > is a good resource for coding lanquage and proper terminology.
Plus

*
> > 100;

> > down