[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Is it possible to prevent a customexpert /indicator from getting exported

gv,

Check with Patrick at

http://www.mistigri.net/

I'm sure he can help you.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Vasanth Mohan G Buddaan
<vgbudawn@xxx> wrote:

> Preston,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Knew about exporting & password protection.
>
> Guess I did not convey my requirement well enough;
>
> Suppose there is a person selling a custom built indicator /
expert. To me, as such, there looks to be possibility available for
the buyer of this formula to unauthorisedly export it from his system
and distribute it to others. Recently there was a post in this group
attaching the 'exported' formula / expert of RMO in response to
somebody who had requested for it.

> I thought there need to be a method by which the person who designs
an expert / an indicator / a trading system has a way of preventing
it from getting it exported from the system where it is loaded (and
freely distributed to others).

> As you said, a self designed expert can be made to refer to another
valid, custom made and password protected formule but that will not
prevent it from getting pilfered if only the person knows what are
the custom indicators that need to be exported alongwith the expert.
Hence the need to make it pilfer-proof is not solved.

> If only, equis provides a facility wherein at the stage of 'import'
or 'design' itself a custom designed indicator / expert is password
protected so that the export facility to such indicator / expert is
made unavailable by the system without this password then it could
solve the purpose. And this needs to be in addition to the existing
facility available for password protecting the opening of such a tool.

> Is there a way of achieving my need through DLLs and if so, please
let me know who offers a coaching classes on writing DLLs for
metastock.

> Thanks again.
>
> gv

indicators,
> > experts, etc. purchased from a third party.  You could also
create a
> > set of add-on indicators, explorations, etc. to distribute to
your
> > colleagues, and even protect your formulas with a password.
> > Starting with your custom indicators, the Formula Organizer
wizard
> > will walk you through the steps necessary to import and/or export
> > your files.  To protect your formulas with a password, choose the
> > export option, then enter a password when prompted.
> > ------snip------------
> >
> > The process envolves your input in the selection process. If you
do
> > not wish to have a custom built expert/indicator exported then
simply
> > do not select it.
> >
> > It is also possible to further protect your work by requiring a
valid
> > formula to be used in the processing of a formula. This could be
> > password protected formula or written by a DLL.
> >

> > Preston
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Vasantha Mohan"
> > <vgbudawn@> wrote:
> >>

> >> Is it possible for us to protect a custom built expert /
indicator
> > from
> >> being exported from MetaStock?
> >>

> >> Thanks in advance for any info on this