[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Stocks >= 50% in value downwards per quarter

Hi Preston,
           Thanks again for such a detailed reply.All the ROC code
thus far and those I have found on web sites , calculate the ROC of
a stock at the end of a nominated period of time , in this case , a
quarter.
       From the beginning , I  should have been more specific.

I am looking for stocks, that at any time, during the quarter,  have
had a price movement ( ROC ) of 50% or more, close to close

As an example , the last quarter was 1st of July thru to the 30th of
September

If at anytime,  during that quarter , a stock had a price movement
(ROC ) of 50% or more , this is a stock I am looking for , by the end
of the quarter it may well have retraced back some or all of that
price movement. The main point being that at anytime during that
quarter the stock price had a ROC of 50% or more

Thanks for your effort thus far
Michael B

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> Michael,
>
> I went back and rethought your question and my answer. Here are a
> couple of indicators for you. Basically, the process is still the
> same. You can use either of the Quarter identifiers to help with the
> timeframe.
>
> Hope these will help,
>
> Preston
>

> {Quarterly ROC}
> {Calculates the ROC for each Quarter
> in either Points or Percentage}
> type:=Input("Points[1] or Percent[2]",1,2,2);
> qstart:=frac(month()/3)<>0 and ref(frac(month()/3),-1)=0;
> a:=ValueWhen(1,qstart,C);
> Pt:= C-A ; {Points}
> Pn:=((C-A)/A)*100; {Percentage}
> If(type=2,Pn,Pt);
>

> {Quarterly Period}
> {Identifies which Quarter
> of the year you are in}
> qstart:=(Frac(Month()/3)<>0 AND
> Ref(Frac(Month()/3),-1)=0);
> ystart:=Year()<>Ref(Year(),-1);
> (Cum(qstart)+1)-ValueWhen(1,ystart,Cum(qstart));{end}
>
> {Quarterly Period v2.0}
> {Identifies the Yearly Quarter}
> If(Month()=1 OR Month()=2 OR Month()=3,1,
> If(Month()=4 OR Month()=5 OR Month()=6,2,
> If(Month()=7 OR Month()=8 OR Month()=9,3,4))); {end}
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Michael,
> >
> > In order to get the exploration to pick up the stocks you are
> looking
> > for you will need the indicator to have a value.
> >
> > So how to find out if there was a 50% drop?
> >
> > Look for the  LLV(Your Indicator, 66) <= -50
> >
> > You will need to change the 66 periods to reflect the number of
> days
> > you are away from the beginning of the last quarter.
> >

> > Hope this helps,
> >
> > Preston
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mdtmn" <mdtmn@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Preston,
> > >           Thanks for your reply and as per an earlier post
> > > "1. The Yahoo groups search feature
> > > 2. The Yahoo groups links
> > > 3. The Equis Forum "
> > >
> > >          I have been using your earlier suggestions, in my
> search. I
> > > must apologise for not being more specific.
> > >           I am looking  to find stocks that have moved 50%
> > > or more in that  quarter downwards ( close to close).The last
> > quarter
> > > being 1st of July to 30th of September.
> > >          The ROC since date indicater " plots a percent rate of
> > change
> > > between a specific date and today. The user is prompted for the
> > > specific date."  So this indicater is very dependant on the day
> that
> > > you run the indicater, where as I am looking for any stocks that
> at
> > > any time during the quarter have a ROC of 50% or more not at the
> end
> > > of the quarter
> > >            Thanks agian for your reply
> > > Michael B

> [...]