[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Stocks >= 50% in value downwards per quarter

Hi Preston,
          Thanks for your reply and as per an earlier post
"1. The Yahoo groups search feature
2. The Yahoo groups links
3. The Equis Forum "

         I have been using your earlier suggestions, in my search. I
must apologise for not being more specific.
          I am looking  to find stocks that have moved 50%
or more in that  quarter downwards ( close to close).The last quarter
being 1st of July to 30th of September.
         The ROC since date indicater " plots a percent rate of change
between a specific date and today. The user is prompted for the
specific date."  So this indicater is very dependant on the day that
you run the indicater, where as I am looking for any stocks that at
any time during the quarter have a ROC of 50% or more not at the end
of the quarter
           Thanks agian for your reply
Michael B

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> Michael,
>
> Several points:
>
> 1. The ROC will give you that information as a percent. You would
> still need to filter for those less than 50%.
>
> 2. Yahoo Groups has a search feature which allows you to search
> through old messages. That's what I did and I came up with a
> discussion in message 26524 on December 8, 2007 that was about a ROC
> Since Date indicator. I believe it will work for you.
>
> NAME: ROC Since a Date
>
> FORMULA:
>
> Day1 := Input("Day",1,31,4);
> Month1 := Input("Month",1,12,1);
> Year1 := Input("Year",1900,2400,1999);
>
> 100 * (CLOSE - ValueWhen(1,DayOfMonth() = Day1 AND Month() = Month1
> AND Year() = Year1, CLOSE))/ ValueWhen(1,DayOfMonth() = Day1 AND
> Month() = Month1 AND Year() = Year1,CLOSE)
>

> Hope this helps,
>
> Preston
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mdtmn" <mdtmn@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >       This is a scan that I use to find stocks that have moved 50%
> or
> > more per quarter downwards ( close to close)
> >
> > Filter days:=60;
> > C<=Ref(C,-days)-(Ref(C,-days)*0.5)
> >
> > as you can see it is approx ( and rough)and very dependent on what
> day
> > near the end of the quarter you run the scan
> >
> > Example , this last quarter was 1st July to 30th Sep ,was 66 days
> > and running the scan  on the 24th , 25th, 26th, 29th and 30th of
> > September will give slightly different results
> >
> > Would someone be able to offer code that will scan for stocks in the
> > quarter that at any time during that time period moved down in value
> > by 50% or more, close to close ?
> > Thanks in advance
> > Michael B

<*> Your email settings: