[EquisMetaStock Group] Is there a way to ignore a tick data

I have a code in which I use (C - Ref ( C , -5 )) for intraday 5 min ticks. But this gives a sudden spurt in the value of the indicator on certain days when there is a gap up / gap down situation when the market opens.

I tried 'PREVIOUS' but it only postpones the 'skew' to a later tick since the new close of the first tick of the day is taken as the same as that of the last tick of the previous day. Hence the code finds the huge difference built into it for the subsquent few ticks.

Ofcourse, have tried to smoothen the data by 'moving averaging'.

(1) But I want to know whether there is a way to short circuit it in any other way or ignore the data of a tick or transpose the close values of the ticks of the previous days for the first few ticks of the new day by using an 'IF' statement wherein conditions of 'spurt'  and 'time of the day' can be built in it ?

(2) How do I set the periodicity in exploration to '5 min bars' instead of 'daily' ?

Thanks in advance.

gv