[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Averange daily/intraday range

Though it's not the best coding piece one can think of, you may try this:

a:=DayOfMonth()<>Ref(DayOfMonth(),-1);
dh:=HighestSince(1,a,H);
dl:=LowestSince(1,a,L);
dr1:=dh-dl;
dr2:=ValueWhen(1,a,Ref(dr1,-1));
dr3:=ValueWhen(1,a,Ref(dr2,-1));
dr4:=ValueWhen(1,a,Ref(dr3,-1));
dr5:=ValueWhen(1,a,Ref(dr4,-1));
(dr1+dr2+dr3+dr4+dr5)/5;

I'm sure other friends here, will come up with something more elegant.

Regards,

mc

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Fernando Santos <ptc_man3@xxx>
wrote:

> Hi Preston.
>
> You didn't understand.
>
> How can I do an average of the Dr variable?
>
> mov(Dr,5,s) doesn't work because the average that he does is the
previous 5 bars and not the previous 5 Dr readings.

> Fernando

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: