From: p_panther_73 <mchantzi@xxxxxxxxx>
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 2:30:40 PM
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: How to get "compare to" like yahoo finance functionality in Metastock

I don't really understand what you're asking for (I'm sure others will
get it right) but when I want to compare the curves of two or more
securities, I usually do the following:

s1:=security( "sec1",c) ;
s2:=security( "sec2",c) ;
myDate:=dayOfMonth( )=02 and month()=01 and year()=2008;
s1st:=1000/valueWhe n(1,myDate, s1)*s1;
s2st:=1000/valuewhe n(1,myDate, s2)*s2;
s1st;s2st;

where what is really happening is a comparison with a thousand as
initial capital for each security.
In myDate you simply put the desired starting date.
In case you want a comparison for every security you open vs another
one 'standard', you simple change the s2 line to

s2:=c;

Now, in case you want to plot a curve showing the percentage
difference of the two curves, you may simply write:

100*(s2st/s1st- 1)

Regards,

mc

--- In equismetastock@ yahoogroups. com, "nand_rathi" <nand_rathi@ ...>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> Greetings.
>
> Is it possible to have a "compare to" type of charting in Metastock
> allowing relative (%) between more than 2 securities? If so, how would
> I do that?
>
> As an example, I would like to plot the market index, sector index and
> couple of stocks for the sector.
>
> regards