D:=DayOfMonth(); M:=Month(); Y:=Year();
Date:=D>=D1 AND M=M1 AND Y=Y1 OR Y>Y1 OR Y=Y1 AND M>M1;
Start:=Date AND Alert(Date=0,2);
ValStart:=ValueWhen(1,Start,C);
Valstart;

The key is the Start variable. Notice that the alert condition is
used to hold the expression true for the specified period. This was a
trick that Roy Larsen came up with to resolve the problem. Something
similar should work in your case.

Hope this helps,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Peter Fertig <pfertig@xxx>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On of the advantages of MetaStock is that one could easily compare
differnet, but related instruments just by drag & drop. I wanted to
compare the development of spot gold and the Amex gold bugs index.
However, as gold is trading also on US market holidays, and the HUI
index is not trading on US market holidays, dragging the line of the
HUI index into the gold chart resulted in a line with interruptions
on those days, the US were out for a holiday. Is there any way to get
a smooth line, which is not interrupted on those days?

> Best regards
> Peter

> Sie sind Spam leid? Yahoo! Mail verfügt über einen herausragenden
Schutz gegen Massenmails.
> http://mail.yahoo.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional