[EquisMetaStock Group] Re:Date in Formula...Bad Data Day

Robert,

The formula that I gave you was originally part of an ROC Since Date
indicator. I believe that was originally part of Roy's Date Filter and
was discussed back in September of 2007. I left out the ROC part of the
formula since you had only asked for the closing value.

I am often not in front of my home computer and in trying to answer
questions expeditiously for our members I will use several sources for
answers. They are:

1. The Yahoo groups search feature
2. The Yahoo groups links
3. The Equis Forum

Thats a pretty wide array of context. We've been at this in this group
since 1999 and in that time there have been a number of creative
solutions and contributors here.

Glad you were able to solve your problem. It certainly is no fun to try
and trade when you have bad unreliable data. By all means job one when
you are using such a data vendor should be to check for bad data.

Maybe we can get some others to offer their solutions.

Anyone else having this problem?

How do you go about finding it?

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Robert Bergey <rlbergey@xxx>
wrote:

> After posting this request I relaxed and decided to look at formulas
posted on Equis web site. They have one that is "ROC since a date" It
is very similar to what you post only they concatenate the inputs you
show by "Anding" ValueWhen statements. Worked great for my purpose
which was find all occurances of zero volume on a certain day when my
data vendor (who shall remain nameless) had what is most kindly
described as a "bad data day".

> Thanks

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional