[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: 2 exits

One way to accomplish this is by inserting to the exploration two
different systems at the same time.
The problem is that if you do so, when you run the simulation,
sometimes you'll have both exits triggered as requested BUT other
times one of them. This is due to the fact that TradeSim will pick up
in every random simulation many many signals from all stocks. Anyway,
it gives an idea, not so accurate though.

The second way is a bit more difficult but here's how it goes:

Both exits can produce a mean exit value. This value has to be
inserted then in the mean time in trade, so you have to redefine a
brand new exit with the correct mean exit price during the trade.
Let me give you an arithmetic example.
Suppose we have the trailing stop hit at $10.50 while afterwards we
get another exit at $10.20. That means we have $10.35 as mean price.
The problem is that we have to define this exit BEFORE the last one.
This can be done by inserting a ref(,+n) function for checking AFTER
-the-entry periods. If I find some time I will try to demonstrate it
by a real example cause probably it sounds frustrating...

Regards,

mc

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pennellp2000 <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> Is there any way using Metastock and Tradesim to use 2 exits.
> The first would be to exit 50% of the position using a profit target
> (eg cross  the high of 3 days ago) and the second would be a trailing
> stop (eg cross the  highest high - 3 * atr(10)) for the remaining 50%.
> Thanks in advance
>
>                               Phill

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional