RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Importing a Watchlist into Metastock

Yes, it works. I had tried it.

Kong

To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: gpham01@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 04:31:01 +0000
Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Importing a Watchlist into Metastock

THANKS for the help!!!

The Jim Bergs resource sounds like what I'm looking for. Do you know
if it works as advertised?

Thanks again.

Greg
--- In equismetastock@yahoogroups.com, Leh Kee Kong <lkkong969@x..>
wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
> You may go to :-
>

> www.sharetradingeducation.com
>

> Click on - Jim
> Berg's Resources
>
> and look for:-
>

> Berg List Creator for MetastockI do not know it suits you or not,
have a look for yourself.

> Sincerely,
>
> Kong
>

> To: equismetastock@yahoogroups.com
> From: leeontherun@...
> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 09:36:54 +1000
> Subject: RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Importing a Watchlist into
Metastock

> Hey Greg,
>

> A quick trick is to export that spreadsheet to a comma delimited
file. Open it as a text file, copy the string of text and paste it in
the symbol field within the open dialog box of metastock. Metastock
allows you to open many codes seperated by a comma. That's assuming
that all of the codes you need to open are in the same folder.

> Lee.
>

> To: equismetastock@yahoogroups.com
> From: gpham01@xxx
> Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 03:47:56 +0000
> Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Importing a Watchlist into Metastock
>

> Does anyone know of a way to import a list of stocks into Metastock?
> Opening a few charts is easy. Do it several times over a long list
of
> stocks and it becomes tedious and time consuming typing in each
ticker.
> It would be great to just be able to import the whole list and save
> time.
>
> Is there a way to maybe import a list from notepad or excel?
>
> For example I want to download a list of stocks from a webpage and
it
> comes in a excel format or notepad. I would like to take that list
and
> import them into a stock list in metastock.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Greg H
>

> with mobile Hotmail SMS alerts Win a Nokia E51

> It's what's inside that counts – which athlete is in you?
> http://yourinnerathlete.windowslive.com?locale=en-
my&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WLYIA_whichathlete_my

Chat online and in real-time with friends and family! Windows Live Messenger __._,_.___