[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: nLite

Hi there,

I've used nLite for quite a while and made several 'cut-down' builds
of XPSP2 from my original XP Pro CD.  nLite is very easy to use and
the finished CD installs quicker and uses less memory when running.
Your mileage in this respect will vary depending how much software you
remove but I've personally trimmed the standard OS from around 125Mb
at startup (that's wiith no other software running) to under 70.  The
startup time is massively reduced as well.

One of the best sources for information is to search the nLite forum
(http://www.msfn.org/board/nLite-f89.html or follow the forum link
from www.nLiteOs.com).

I run MS9 EOD on my nLited laptop, a 2GB RAM Toshiba R500 which came
with Vista Business that I downgraded to XPSP2, without any problems.

good luck!
Rob

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "vistor09" <sace@xxx> wrote:

> hi, anyone done an nlite of xp pro sp2 ?
>
> the 'about' page: http://www.nliteos.com/nlite.html
>
> i'm still using w2k sp4 and did a generic 'switch-off' of Services
> that resulted in a noticeable speed-up of opening programs, browsing
> etc and expect nliting to be a worthwhile endeavor
>
> the idea with nlite is to create a bootable cd that not only includes
> xp but also the programs etc one would usually install after a format
> and complete re-install - a single boot install, while reducing xp/vista
> to the minimum number of components Your computing requires by deleting
> extra languages, unwanted drivers etc to create a far more efficient os
>
> i want to do an nlite of xp so if you have any useful info/sites that
> will assist a programming/code dufus - - please post them
>

> Wallace

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: