RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Importing a Watchlist into Metastock

Hey Greg,

A quick trick is to export that spreadsheet to a comma delimited file. Open it as a text file, copy the string of text and paste it in the symbol field within the open dialog box of metastock. Metastock allows you to open many codes seperated by a comma. That's assuming that all of the codes you need to open are in the same folder.

Lee.

To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: gpham01@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 03:47:56 +0000
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Importing a Watchlist into Metastock

Does anyone know of a way to import a list of stocks into Metastock?
Opening a few charts is easy. Do it several times over a long list of
stocks and it becomes tedious and time consuming typing in each ticker.
It would be great to just be able to import the whole list and save
time.

Is there a way to maybe import a list from notepad or excel?

For example I want to download a list of stocks from a webpage and it
comes in a excel format or notepad. I would like to take that list and
import them into a stock list in metastock.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Greg H

with mobile Hotmail SMS alerts  Win a Nokia E51 __._,_.___