[EquisMetaStock Group] Validity of line studies on composites

Group,

I bought a stock (DEE), which is the Deutche Bank double short
commodities ETN. Purchased 7/17 @ $20.47.
Basically, it tries to provide the double inverse of a group of
commodities, oil, corn, wheat, etc, etc.

As commodities have gone down, the stock has risen. I had invested a
small amount, around $2k. (Small investor, my "play money" is $10k,
as I learn more about all this). As things began to rise, I did a
line study, and it appeared $22.50 was a good stop loss point.
On July 30, stock opened at 23.3, hit the low of 22.36, and I got
stopped out. Stock has continued to climb since. As I do a post
mortem of the trade, I could have seen where maybe 22.10 was a
better stop, but got me to start thinking.

Do composites stocks with so many inputs really hold up well to TA?
I have seen many of you working on S&P500 composites etc, but was
curious as to your thoughts.

Quit complaining because I made 10%? Kick myself because at $24.56
open today, I'd be up closer to 20%?

Thanks,

Big

<*> Your email settings: