[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: System Tester question

Thank you, Roy.
Applying a Strategic delay of 1 day to the entry solved the problem.
Again, you have shown that you understand the twists and turns of
Metastock better than anyone that I know.
I was not paying attention to the "Strategic Delay" option in the
EST.
I prefer to make those types of delays in the actual system code.
It did not occur to me that the option could be used to overcome a
quirk of the "ENHANCED" System Tester.

Ross

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxx>
wrote:

> Hi Ross
>

> Yes you can. Forward reference the entry formula by 1 bar (day) and
then apply a Strategic delay of 1 day to the entry. This forces the
EST to "consider" the buy one bar before the sell, but the net effect
is that execution is on the same bar. You won't get a result for the
last bar of data but that's hardly a major problem.

> That's the theory, and it works. No doubt there are a number of
ways to make it go pear shaped though.

> Regards
>
> Roy

System
>   Tester with "Buy Price" set for "OPEN") when ref(C,-1) > ref(C,-
2)

>   Exit Long on CLOSE (using the Trade Execution option in the
System
>   Tester with "Sell Price" set for "CLOSE") when C = C
>
>   I thought this would tell the System Tester to Enter Long on the
>   Opening Price of a daily bar, then Exit Long on the Closing Price
of
>   the same daily bar. Instead, the System Tester is exiting the
Close
>   of the Next daily bar.
>
>   My question:
>
>   Can I make the System Tester Enter Long on OPEN and Exit Long on
>   CLOSE of the same daily bar?
>
>   Ross
>

>   __________ NOD32 3222 (20080626) Information __________
>
>   This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
>   http://www.eset.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: