[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Strange MS error message

An addenda to my previous post. I noticed that the directory in
question contains EMASTER, but neither XMASTER or MASTER files. My
other data directories contain all three.

Harry

P.S. I could not find a way to edit my 1st message once posted, so
sent this 2nd one.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "bex1210" <hmw3@xxx> wrote:

> I have MS 10.1 EOD, and Windows XP Pro. While updating one of my MS
> data directories yesterday, I found that I was unable to update it
(I
> use a 3rd party vendor--not Reuters).
>
> I went to the Downloader to run a Test, and when I selected the
> stocks in that directory, I got this message: "The Metastock data
> file in  D:\MetastockData\USStocks-All\USStocks PCZ-ZZ  are in use
by
> one or more multi-user applications."
>
> No other programs were open. So I opened Windows Explorer, and
found
> these four temporary files in the \USStocks PCZ-ZZ directory:
> ~MSFL.INX
> ~MSFL.SEC
> ~MSFL.LCK
> ~MSFL.USR
>
> I checked all my other MS data directories, and none contain any of
> these four files. I then renamed the four files. As soon as I then
> tried to Test in Downloader, or open them in MS, MS DELETED all of
> the data files in this directory. I have them backed up, so I
> repopulated the directory. As soon as I renamed the four files
again,
> MS again deleted all the data files in the directory.
>
> What do these four temporary files do, and why, when I rename them,
> does MS delete all the data files in the directory? Since none of
my
> other data directories contain any of these four, I assumed that I
> could just rename them, but clearly that is not the case.
>
> Harry

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: